BSN Application Requirements
The following are requirements for the BSN application:
All BSN Applicants must:
1. Submit a complete BSN application through Nursing CAS. Incomplete applications will cause a delay in processing so please ensure your application is complete with all attachments. In the application, you will be required to submit the following documents or information:
- TEAS Score Profile of 1 or 2 attempts of the Nursing-TEAS Test taken between the dates of January 16, 2023-January 1, 2024 for Priority admission, and January 16, 2023-March1, 2024 for General admission.
- Employment/Volunteer/Life Experience: This can include all work, volunteer, leadership and service activities. These experiences can include both healthcare and non-healthcare related roles.
- Submission of unofficial transcripts that include any coursework that the applicant wants considered during the review process. Missing transcripts will result in a processing delay and decrease the competitiveness of the applicant.
2. Answer a series of short answer questions that include information about your demographics, academic history and college experiences.
3. Submit a personal statement in PDF format that addresses your desire to attend nursing school. Additional essay(s) may be required during the interview process.
4. Submit a $60 application processing fee to Nursing CAS and a $25 fee to TXST Nursing. Selected applicants will also be invited to a mandatory interview day. Interview dates will be posted on our website once established.