Bsn Admission Requirements
BSN Program Requirements for Admission
- Nursing Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Science GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum required TEAS overall score: Proficient 65% or better
- Submission of a personal essay(s) and life/work experience
- $60 Nursing CAS application fee and $25 TXST processing fee
- Selected candidates will also be subjected to a mandatory interview day.
Electronic applications for fall admission are accepted between September and March each year for the following fall semester. Applicants must first apply and be admitted to Texas State University or be an active Texas State student for the fall semester they plan to attend nursing school, prior to submitting their BSN application.
Applicants who have completed at least 24 hours of nursing prerequisite coursework at Texas State University will be reviewed first, however all applicants will be reviewed for admission.