Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Students

Foundational Courses for Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Students


The St. David’s School of Nursing (SON) is now offering master’s level Advanced Pathophysiology (NURS 5301) and Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics (NURS 5303) for non-degree seeking graduate nursing students (students who are not admitted to one of our SON graduate programs) if they meet the criteria for the SON and Graduate College, and space allows. 

Please Note: Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics (NURS 5303) requires Advanced Pathophysiology (NURS 5301) as a pre-requisite or co-requisite. Due to the short term in summer, students may only take 5301 in summer terms unless they have already completed 5301. Students admitted to the Graduate Nursing program for the upcoming term (usually fall) can only take Pathophysiology in a summer term. 

Students who wish to take one or both courses as a non-degree seeking student will need to complete the following steps:

  1. Review the information provided by the Graduate College for information about non-degree seeking graduate students and the application process.
  2. Please complete the Graduate College checklist form and submit to the email for the Graduate Nursing Program Director (Advisor) to approve you to take the course and sign your required checklist form. The Graduate Nursing Advisor will sign your form and send it back to you. Then you will need to email it to the Graduate College. You must also submit an application as a non-degree seeking student to the Graduate College (even if you are admitted for the next term to a foundation class).

Note: To be eligible to take these courses, students must live in a state that is a member of the Nurse Licensure Compact, and hold a compact RN license.

Advanced Pathophysiology (NURS 5301) and Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics (NURS 5303) will be offered in summer, fall, and spring terms if the course enrollment meets the minimum class size.  Students admitted or enrolled in one of the SON graduate programs are given priority.

For questions about nondegree status, please email the SON Graduate Program. For questions specific to the courses, email .