PMHNP Post Master's Certificate Program Curriculum and Student Educational Outcomes
Nursing Program Student Educational Outcomes
Graduates of the PMHNP post master’s certificate program will gain knowledge, skills and competencies around the following program educational outcomes:
- Engage in advance nursing practice through integration of scientific findings from nursing, humanities, and sciences into the delivery of psychiatric and mental health care to diverse patients, families, and communities.
- Participate in organizational and systems leadership through promotion of high quality, safe patient care which emphasizes ethical decision making, effective working relationships, and a systems-perspective.
- Lead quality improvement processes to communicate effectively, evaluate health outcomes, and advocate for changes in the care environment to improve health outcomes.
- Synthesize and critique research to integrate the best evidence to resolve practice problems, work as a change agent, and assist in disseminating findings into clinical practice.
- Utilize healthcare technologies and informatics to analyze and evaluate data to promote safe practice environments, cost containment and health outcomes.
- Demonstrate leadership in professional nursing practice through commitment to reflective practice, accountability, and maintaining active roles in health policy and professional organizations.
- Actively participates as a member and leader of interprofessional teams to promote safety, reduce risk, and address healthcare disparities for patients and populations.
- Integrate clinical prevention and population health concepts, including global and social determinants of health, into the diverse psychiatric and mental health care needs of patients, communities, and populations.
- Lead health education, treatments, and care through incorporation of biocultural perspectives of patients, communities, and populations as they relate to integrative healthcare practices in psychiatric and mental health care.
- Practice as an advanced practice nurse using evidence based, cost effective integrative healthcare approaches to positively influence health outcomes of patients, families, and the global community.