Guidelines and link for Fall 2024 BSN Application
The Fall 2024 BSN Application is now open and is available in NursingCAS. Please see guidelines and link below.
Step 1: Before beginning the BSN Application, you must be a current TXST student. If you are not a current TXST student, please be sure you apply and are accepted to TXST for Fall 2024 prior to submitting your BSN Application.
Step 3: When you are ready to apply, please enter the NursingCAS Application below and begin your application. You will be allowed to come and go and save your application as needed.
The Fall 2024 BSN Application opens on September 1, 2023 and will have two application phases. The Priority Phase will close on January 1, 2024. The General Phase will close on March 1, 2024.
We require two application fees for the Fall 2024 BSN Application. The first fee will be for NursingCAS. This fee is $60 paid directly to NursingCAS through the NursingCAS application portal. To complete the application process, you must also submit a $25 non-refundable fee to TXST-Nursing at the conclusion of your application. A link will be provided in the supplemental questions at the end of your application. The total cost for the application is approximately $85.00.
To fully submit your application, you will be required to complete 4 sections of the BSN Application.
- Section 1 - Biographic Information: Contact information, race/ethnicity, citizenship, etc.
- Section 2 - Academic History: High school and college transcripts, college course transcript entry, etc.
- Section 3 - Supporting Information: Work and volunteer experiences, licensures and certifications, leadership, service, and awards/achievements, experiences related directly to the healthcare field, etc.
- Section 4 – Custom BSN Application Requirements: This will include all our additional requirements such as the personal statement, a PDF of your ATI-TEAS-Nursing Score Profile(s), prerequisite course matching, and supplemental questions specific to St. David’s School of Nursing.
- SS#: You may be asked to provide your SS# through the application portal. We highly recommend that you do not list this information on the site. We will be retrieving this information in a very secure way through our IT Security team, so you may omit this question on the application.
- Professional Transcript Entry (PTE): You may be asked to pay for Professional Transcript Entry. This is your choice, but we recommend not using this resource to avoid additional fees. This video may be helpful in entering your own transcripts: https://help.liaisonedu.com/Application_Materials/Transcripts/Transcript_Entry_Video
- Transcripts: You will be required to submit an unofficial transcript. If you are a TXST student, you can access this document in your CatsWeb Student Portal. Simply login and go to your academic transcript. Once displayed you can select the ‘Print’ option and select the PDF option as your printer to save the document to your computer for upload into your BSN Application. This transcript and your degree audit are helpful tools to assist you with your transcript entry. For questions about this portion, you may also choose to get assistance from your academic advisor. If you are a transfer student, we highly recommend submitting all transcripts from any college you have attended in addition to your new TXST unofficial transcript once admitted to TXST.
If you run into issues when completing your application, NursingCAS is available to help! Please be sure to use your resources as needed directly through their application portal.
- Chat Support
Use the chat icon in the lower right corner of the application portal
- Student Help Center
- Contact Us:
Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM ET
Be sure to have your CAS ID number (located under your name in the upper-right corner of the application) when contacting NursingCAS.